Infectious agents in laboratory animals can affect the health of animals and humans. They also have a decisive influence on the results of animal experiments. A fundamental requirement for carrying out meaningful and reproducible experiments with a minimum of animals is the use of laboratory animals which are free of undesirable microorganisms (e.g., specific pathogen-free mice or rats).
Biolytix is specialized in the detection and determination of the health status of laboratory animals.
Our hygiene monitoring is based on the recommendations of internationally recognized experimental animal science organizations (such as GV-SOLAS, FELASA, etc.) regarding microbiological, serological and parasitological stock monitoring. For the scope and content of hygiene monitoring, we are happy to advise you, to find the best solution for your needs.
Our rodent inspection services include:
- Consulting for Transgenic Technologies
- Expert advice on hygiene issues
- Feed inspection (microbiological analysis)
- Hygienemonitoring of laboratory animals (microbiology, serology, parasitology)
- Molecular biological diagnostics (classical PCR, as well as real-time PCR)
- Hygiene of staff and personnel
- Sterility testing
- Support in the organization of logistics
- Water analysis